Sunday, January 3, 2016

HAPPY EPIPHANY SUNDAY!

Happy Epiphany Sunday!

What a glorious celebration we had this morning!

Groups of three of our priests hanging out together portrayed the Magi coming to offer their gifts to the Baby Jesus! I loaned several Monsignors our Solemn High Censers, purchased from Father Zuhlsdorf's online store!





They brought out the crowds!

Then after Communion we played the video we play every Epiphany Sunday on the screens that pull down over the iconostasis in our fully glorious church.

This tells me in so many ways all the true theology of today's Feast Day! The kings in the video look like our bishops. The camels probably look like yours


But they left out the burial chemical that the real Magi brought to Baby Jesus.

However I was able to find just the right "Wise Man" to bring the myrrh the cartoon left out since I think this dude's been specially appointed to get Jesus "dead and buried" to save the rest of  us!

It's Bitter Bag of Onions!
What a "Merry Christmas" smile, eh?
MYRRH IS MINE
ITS BITTER PERFUME
BREATHES A LIFE
OF GATHERING GLOOM
SORROWING
SIGHING
BLEEDING
DYING
SEALED IN
A STONE COLD TOMB
THAT I'M IN CHARGE OF

Happy Epiphany!


8 comments:

  1. Father Doctor John HunwickeJanuary 3, 2016 at 8:14 AM

    Bitter Onions facial hair is almost as lovely as mine. Can you hold a contest for Best Bush sometime in 2016? I just think I might be the Bush King!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not understand how these trads think that carrying those dolls contribute anything to the sobriety of the venerable Roman Rite. Is this what is meant by Anglo-Catholic patrimony?

    Notice that I did not say Anglican patrimony which is much more congruent with the Roman (ancient).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am waiting for one of these dolls to animate and say,
      "Hey, stupid!" "Put a blanket around me. I'm freezing."

      Delete
  3. Didn't Cipolla's reporter daughter have an op-ed in the NYT that she approved of married priests but her married priest dad did not? Something very odd like that as I recall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ***Traddy Personals***

    SWFs seeking Bi(ritual) Priest
    The Contrarian Sisters of the Rosetta Stone (formerly the sedevacantist Congregation of Mary Immaculate Queen in Spokane), a community of four (4) professed sisters and four (4) novices are looking for a priest chaplain!
    Attention candidates: The sisters want you to be experienced in priestly forms both ordinary and extraordinary!
    You should have the energy and enthusiasm to match the sisters:
    Ordinary: 2-3x per week
    Extraordinary: 4x per week
    You will have one weekly "day off" (air quotes?) Financial offerings for services rendered are very open and negotiable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Lard Ass becomes unstuck on Christology 101:

    Did the young Christ apologize for being “lost” in Jerusalem?
    Posted on 4 January 2016 by Fr. John Zuhlsdorf

    ....................................

    Polycarpio says:
    4 January 2016 at 2:38 PM

    "Some of this, I think, is semantics. “Jesus probably had to beg forgiveness of his parents” in English makes it sound like he was groveling. But the Italian “chiedere scusa” could also be rendered more mildly as asking for indulgence."
    Brass Ass' rejoinder, See what he's doing here:['I speak Italian.']
    "Some gentle word or gesture by Jesus to acknowledge or assuage the feelings of His parents following the scare would not necessarily have contradicted His allegiance to His Heavenly Father. Instead of “beg forgiveness,” I would have translated the phrase “say I’m sorry.” Saying I’m sorry doesn’t betray principles. You could say “I’m sorry that you felt that way,” “I’m sorry that my purposes must remain mysterious,” etc. In fact, he doesn’t even have to say “I’m sorry,” he could simply say, “What I do won’t always make sense, but you have to trust me,” and that’s begging indulgence. Semantics."

    Interpreting Francis through Brass Ass: [I doubt that is what Pope Francis was doing. Nice try.]

    This is a helpful example of what happens to Brass Ass when he comes across a paying customer (dare not terminally alienate) who knows bucket loads of theology than he does.
    It's another good reason why Lacy Boy should be banned from mixing with any adult Catholics. The extent of his New Testament Scriptural knowledge is reducible to the gnostic infancy Gospel of Thomas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zildo has boasted in the past about being expelled from two seminaries. I wonder how much schooling he missed.

      Delete
    2. Father D, did you take this job? Miss you. Oh well, blessings.

      Delete