Sunday, April 19, 2015

ISIS MARTYRS MORE CHRISTIANS


A video purporting to show the killing of Ethiopian Christians by Islamic State-affiliated militants in Libya has been released online.

The 29-minute video appears to show militants holding two groups of captives, one by an affiliate in eastern Libya known as Barka Province and the other by the Fazzan Province, an affiliate in the south.

A masked fighter wielding a pistol says Christians must convert to Islam or pay a special tax prescribed by the Quran, before the captives in the south are shown being shot dead and the captives in the east are beheaded on a beach.



Why did you not cry, pleading with those who are about to murder you, that they may free you? Why did you not acquiesce to their demands?

Did they not propose that you abandon your Christ? Wouldn’t they have had mercy on you had you accepted their religion?

Do you not fear death?! Whence did you acquire this courage?

What theological training did you obtain? From what seminary did you graduate? What monastery did you frequent? What clerical rank do you carry?

Tell me, how did you not resist death? I do not know your secret.

Did you see (Christ) transfigured? Perhaps you heard Him? Truly, I do not know. The only certainty is that when you decided to utter your last words, those sweet words were “Oh my Lord, Jesus Christ.”

I come to you weeping. I do not weep on your account, for men who received crowns do not warrant sorrowful tears. I weep because of you.

For when the light of your faith became manifest, my weakness became apparent before my eyes. And I realized that the veils of darkness do not obscure the vision of God. I realized that He searches the heart and the inner parts. I realized that He knows the faith that resides within each seemingly destitute and abandoned vessel. And I realized that I am not prepared or worthy of this gift which you have attained.

Intercede for us, O righteous men, that He may have mercy on us through your prayers. Ask Him that He may guide us on the way of your faith, so that we may come to know your mystery.

Translated by Dr. Mark Moussa

A Panegyric in Praise of the New Martyrs of Libya was last modified: February 24th, 2015 by Fr. Tadros Yacoub Malaty


3 comments:

  1. I pray for the eternal salvation of those Christians in question murdered by ISIL. May peace descend also upon the families of the martyrs in question.

    If summoned, I hope that a sufficient amount of Catholic are available to rush to defend Christians and additional religious minorities whom ISIL have on the run.

    I would like to believe that the above is so. I hope that there are Catholic men sufficient to defend their fellow humans against ISIL.

    What person or group could issue said summons?

    Pope Francis could exhort Catholic men to rush to the defense of Catholics and additional religious minorities in, for example, the Middle East (and/or parts of Africa).

    If reaction to said summons proved sufficient, he could then exhort various "Catholic" counties (examples: France, Italy and Spain) to provide necessary logistics to house, train and lead into righteous battle (should combat prove necessary) the Catholic men in question.

    Perhaps the Chaldean Catholic Church could launch the initiative in question.

    Nah...not gonna happen.

    Neither scenario is, unfortunately, realistic...not even a pipe-dream.

    The Holy See operates under the tenet that the incompetent United Nations Organization is the competent authority to determine "concrete steps" that the "international community" would adopt to stop ISIL's genocide against, for example, Christians.

    That is, should the "international community" wish to stop ISIL's genocide against Christians.

    I don't have much faith in the notion that the "international community" will halt the genocide in question.

    I would place greater store by an exhortation to summon Catholic men, led by "Catholic" countries' militaries to stop ISIL's genocidal attack against Christians.

    Perhaps, the sight, for example 1,000,000 trained and well-armed Catholic soldiers would send ISIL into retreat without the firing of a shot.

    Well, as I doubt the realization of any of the above scenarios, I exhort my brothers and sisters in such places as Iraq, Syria and Africa to...

    ...run for your lives.

    Sadly, brothers and sisters, I am not certain that you will receive much help from the "international community".

    Even worse, I am uncertain that you will receive holy last resort armed assistance from your brothers and sisters in the Faith.

    I pray for you...and those martyred by ISIL. Additional martyrs are, of course, in the offing.

    Oh...note to the dwindling amount of practicing Catholics in Europe: For the sakes of your children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren, if you're able, flee Europe now.

    That also applies to Europe's Jews.

    Mark Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  2. " If summoned, I hope that a sufficient amount of Catholic are available to rush to defend Christians and additional religious minorities whom ISIL have on the run."

    Why wait for a summons Mark?
    Lead by example.
    Head on over. Take up the lead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realize that yours is not a serious response. Your response is silly. I realize you attempted to take a dig at me...I'm the tough guy...why don't I head on over.

    Friend, by the way, I headed on over once in service to my country (America). I would certainly head on over in defense of Christians who face genocide.

    I hope that you would head on over.

    That said, here is why you should have realized that your silly dig at me was destined to have flopped.

    Had you devoted an ounce of thought to your little dig, you would considered the following:

    Pope Francis has made it clear that the protection of Christians who face genocide is not up to be left up to a "civilian" to "head on over...to take up the lead".

    Pope Francis, for better or worse, has placed the responsibility to "head on over" and "take up the lead" into the hands of the "international community" — the United Nations Organization specifically.

    Do you comprehend that?

    Again, your little dig at me flopped.

    Okay. I have spent enough time on you. Back to the world of adulthood.

    Father instituted a serious discussion..."ISIS MARTYRS MORE CHRISTIANS".

    Sadly, Father may as well save that headline as he will use it again and again.

    Pope Francis months ago called upon the "international community" via his letter to the United Nations Secretary General to stop the genocide in question.

    Ummm...how has that worked out?

    Pope Francis chided the world last week for it's "complicit silence" in regard to genocide against Christians.

    Pope Francis has spun his wheels in regard to the "international community" (United Nations Organization) and his desire that they stop ISIL's attacks against Christians.

    Pope Francis could bypass the United Nations as he is the one person (outside a Commander-in-Chief who possesses formidable military power) on earth who could inspire thousands...hundreds of thousands...of Christian men (led by leaders of "Catholic" countries) to rush to the aid of persecuted Christians in the Middle East (or elsewhere).

    He won't do that.

    Therefore, we're back to Pope Francis' desire that the useless United Nations Organization rush to the aid of persecuted Christians.

    Wonderful.

    Yep...Father will have many opportunities to recycle this thread's headline..."ISIS MARTYRS MORE CHRISTIANS".

    Mark Thomas






    Pope Francis, if he desired, could bypass the United Nations to

    ReplyDelete