Wednesday, February 25, 2015

FEEDING ME FEED: WINDY CITY EDITION BABY



Where I am, where the only Bishop dumb enough so desperate for priests extraordinarily brave enough to take me in and kindly give me a roof over my head and a toilet seat under my ass and put me to work, yet allowing me to still have no real accountability as long as I kiss his considerably broad . . .  there is no good Chinese food, nor any good Deli. It is a hardship. It is only thanks to the dumb ass laity kind and generous readers that I am able to get by. By getting the hell out of the dump. So it was off to Chicago, where the Cardinal who looks like Colonel Klink and doesn't like the Pope almost as much as I don't has just been replaced by one of those Pope Francis, Jesus-loves-everybody types we never used to get when that Truman Capote look-alike Knights of Moola Cardinal was calling the shots. Bet this one doesn't even have gloves (or a matching purse for that matter).


Speaking of clerics (since all that any real, traditional, valid Catholic cleric needs the laity for is to provide spending $$$), when we went to have lunch, it was at Manny’s on the South Side.

I was much consoled, since where I live there is a plentiful lack of good Chinese food and good Deli (maybe if I keep repeating this, Madison will get the idea). The pastrami wasn’t up to the standard of the Pastrami Queen in Manhattan, (that's what Father calls his buddy that lanky creepy ex-Anglcan dude with the Pontiff 99 Collar and the fake British accent in NYC) but it was good. 

So, when I get to Chicago, I really enjoy finding some good Chinese fare at what must be one of the best restaurants in the country. It is the best I’ve had in these USA.

We started with some cabbage pickled in really hot stuff as we looked over the menu and discussed our options. After chowing down on the spicy pickled cabbage, Father's temporary digs became Windy and Burning. Oh mamma! This is to make the trip to the Chicago Art Institute really FARTSY artsy. 

There were only two of us and it is Lent, so we kept it light.


Tony's Chicken

 Mo Fo Tofu
Garlic Eggplant 

 Oodles of Noodles baby!



Of course, you're never happy with what you get.  "Father, did you  try the World Famous Chicago Style Hot Dogs?"



Yeah, yeah yeah. (Damn, that looks familiar. All of it. Hmm.)

Father tried one of each.




They were pretty spiffy, Father guesses, but they're hot dogs! Just with "fancy" stuff on top. Gee whiz!  I can get this crap even in Madison. Do you really want me spending your hard earned money stuffing random tube shaped mystery meat in my mouth?

When people point out the obvious (that I'm a fat fraud who is doing very little unpaid praying and even less fasting during Lent), I block them from commenting. But not adoring fanny-swabbers like this fool:


B Knotts says:25 February 2015 at 9:54 am 
Hopefully, while in Chicago, you get a chance to have an Italian Beef.

Check.

and check.

As I always say, PBrick By PBrick. And I thought the Spotted Dick I gobbled down in London was "fit for a Queen!" This one came with its own hot sauce, so to speak. (I hope Reynaldo is seeing this).



I know Father Z would want this closing hymn sung in the original Latin, but I didn't bring my Liber Useless to Chicago this trip. So let's lower ourselves to using the vernacular. From the Missa Luba:





GO. TO. CONFESSION.
(Send me money)

24 comments:

  1. Yes.. Cupich even likes altar girls and insists on having altar girls serving at his Masses. What shall we do.

    And I love the newest scandal Zed has conjured up to sell the surplus of unreadable Ray Burke books. I'm sure all the Synod participants were happy that it was intercepted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ur being a asshole again D...a jealous asshole....GO TO CONFESSION!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^^^^ Now now Fr Z don't be so sensitive. No one can be as big an asshole as you! Fr D doesn't even come close. He really does get to you and your devotees though and that is fun to see!

      Delete
    2. I believe you meant "being AN asshole."
      Now, "Anonymous February 25, 2015 at 10:41 PM" if what you read here upsets you so much, why do you keep coming back?
      Not that I care. Just saying.

      Delete
  3. Your not-so-oblique reference to the NYC "Pastrami Queen" is very close to the mark. One Halloween, while still a null and void Anglican, said now-valid cleric dressed up as, you guessed it, Queen Victoria in a wheelchair! The gin and lace Anglo-Catholic habitue of Smoky Marys, St. Ignatius (of Antioch) and St. Thomas were all a twitter, as they all had great fun looking up Her Majesty's dress. She was no doubt anticipating the day when she would anoint herself the rhetorical successor to Fulton J. Queen, er, Sheen to regale the Catholic counterpart to that previous crowd of admirers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Z has just excommunicated me from his blog for commenting (very politely) that, apart from the vulgarity of photographing one's food, I thought that a priest blogging like this during Lent was close to 'giving scandal'. He is very thin skinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrian, if you are one of his auto-pay contributors please be sure to inform your bank.

      Delete
    2. Well, I've excommunicated Fr Z:

      http://liturgiae-causa.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/we-excommunicate-him.html

      He will smell the brimstone before long. God is not mocked!

      Delete
    3. Dear Anonymous at 4.51 am: if I were one of his auto-pay contributors I would be sure to inform my psychiatrist.

      Delete
    4. If this were Disqus, please know that I would upvote your comment repeatedly.

      Delete
    5. Adrian, Bravo, Kudos, a Gold Star (See what I'm doing here?TM)
      You have done the righteous thing in visiting Lacy Boy with the upward spinning Pineapple treatment. The only problem there is that he probably enjoyed it!

      A more serious problem with the Brick-with-Eyes, is that his moral wiring is so far shot, his ethical nervous system terminally numbed that he thinks what others regard as deviant abnormality as 'normal'.
      I have no reason to believe otherwise that when he exhibits the picture gallery of his own crass excesses and gluttony he sees any problem with flogging his supine scruple ridden fans with even more and more guilt. His mind is so enveloped in the fog of hubris that he fails to see the extent to which he subverts himself and his phoney existence with the passionate moralistic notations he so unctuously inserts borrowed texts.

      The load of pathology humped around by this character would keep a whole convention of the successors of Sigmund busy for six months or more.

      Delete
  5. Take it from Janet (and most people do),,,,,AND......her boyfriend....

    There is nothing like garlic eggplant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet Darcy? From PRAYTELL? Who's the current BF these days? I heard a whisper that one of the good old boys took early retirement and that Sally is going to have to give up her suite. Is this true?

      Delete
    2. Janet Jessica Darcy, a once rising star, once a pretty gurl, Vicar General, Chancellor, Secretary for Ministerial Services, Director of Priests' Personnel, and Secretary for Priests' Benefits Fund, transferred to pastor of a pretty nice parish, but now going pretty much fucking nowhere else for whats left of her career.

      Delete
  6. This fat little man should be mugged by a gang of blacks and his body given to Pedigree Chum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to America, Pat....

      Rather than as you say, "blacks" I'd be much more entertained if he were to be trampled by a mob of football hooligans.

      Further, many of us here in the USA are very fond of their pets and think it very objectionable to have toxic waste included in their food.

      Delete
    2. Well, I saw my late dog Lucy "going to town," as you might say, on a dead fox in my back garden that had maggots crawling over it. I nearly fainted at the stench of it.

      What about pigs? Pigs will eat anything, and Zed looks like one.

      Delete
    3. Interesting, Patricius... My knowledge of dogs and their diets is that they may be equipped to handle digesting of raw or even spoiled meat and it isn't necessarily a worry.

      The thought of Myzzzztery Meat in dog food is a little scary for me.

      If he were fed to the pigs I'd become kosher.

      Delete
    4. Did u mean niggers Pat?

      Delete
    5. Anonymous 5:29PM, well you said it...

      Delete
    6. So "Fr" little D allows the faggots to call black people niggers but if its the other way around you get all righteous. "Fr" little dick is a faggot loving racist.

      Delete
    7. ^^^^^ "faggots"??? That's not nice. I thought you Zuhlsdorf ass-kissers were better Catholics than the rest of us? Better hit the Confessional before you go to Stations tonight or you won't get your Indulgence.

      Delete
  7. Look--Father got a nod from Phyllis Zagano: http://ncronline.org/blogs/just-catholic/twilight-zone

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing wrong with a collation in Lent. After all ZZZZZZZZZ needs to
    keep his strength up for dealing with Reynaldo and the other beefy boyz

    ReplyDelete