Monday, September 29, 2014

THIS AND THAT AND TIT FOR TAT

Tit for tat, and she ain't all that.
Much ado these days. Too many places it's more about the tat than it is this and that. 

One of Father D's readers commented (and forgive me, as I would gladly give the anonymous commenter full credit should they wish)
(Blue words are those of Mother Cunniwicke. The Purple are those of the Anonymous Commenter. )

"Mother Johanna Mary Cunniwicky of the Petrified Virgin has had a King's shillings worth of innuendo:


28 September 2014
This and that

"I did rather wonder why Cardinal Cormac had a private Audience of the Sovereign Pontiff last Tuesday, September 23.

Before we were admitted to the presbyterate of the Ordinariate, we were all given a very rigorous going-over at a place in Manchester. Are the same precautions taken with would-be bishops?

It should not be forgotten that a principal source of Mother Johanna's enduring resentment and rage at the one year's postponement of his unconditional ordination was the long history of a mixture of subterranean anti-authoritarianism, decayed Anglican establishment elitism and studied dilettantism in ecclesiastical res minutiae."
 
Well bugger me blue eyed and balding! 

Rev Mother Cunniwicke, do you REALLY want this or any blog to start sharing FACTS - not rumours and anecdotes, dear - but facts (names, places) regarding the personal lives of some of those who were "given a rigorous going over"?

Because from Walsingham to the Southern Cross, have we got some doozies we'd love to share!  Starting with Gladys and Ethyl!  
This and That, indeed. 


Father D is working on a lil post called Who's Your Papa? concering the Transylvanian Redemptorists in general, and their new calendar specifically.  If any of you on that side of the Pond have Biretta on the Ground, have ever visited, know someone who has, or know the deal with Papa Stronsay, please drop me a note or leave a comment.  I always keep source identities private. fatherjtd@gmail.com

5 comments:

  1. Cunniwicke needs constant reminding that he wasn't "admitted to the presbyterate of the Ordinariate", he was reordained because his Anglican Orders were deemed "absolutely null and utterly void" and considering some of the men reordained the going over wasn't all that rigorous. At least one pair of "long time friends" were ordained side by side. Well known to Monsignor Newton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So with the Ordinariate we get an antiquarian translation of an abrogated Mass and all the snide comments and bitchy innuendo we can handle . . . Is that part of the famous "Patrimony"? Aren't we lucky. No down side that I can see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mother Johanna Mary sets the record straight:


    1 October 2014




    Banned!



    Another category of comment ... yet another ... which I have decided to exclude are those which make libelous comments about myself!

    Someone has submitted ... three times! ... a claim that my ordination in the Catholic Church was delayed for sexual reasons.

    I had hoped that I would never have to deal publicly with that episode, which is best left to moulder in the archives. But the facts are these.

    A Catholic bishop, aware of my strong preference for the Extraordinary Form, deemed that I should be refused a 'positive votum' lest I should go around causing liturgical disorder and division.

    This was subsequently sorted out on a personal basis. I came to appreciate the motives ... and person! ... of the bishop concerned and, I think, he came to see me in a different light. He asked to perform the Ordination himself, and he leaned over backwards to behave with great graciousness. I am left with no hard feelings against this bishop. On the contrary, I esteem him very highly and acceded to his request that I remember him in my prayers.

    The author of the comment seems to have a deep visceral detestation of the Ordinariates and of everybody and everything connected with them. If he is a Christian, I ask him in the name of Christ, and for his own good, his own happiness, to stop reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silly man! Or an outright liar?

      I was not implying your ordination was postponed for SEXUAL reasons. I was stating the FACT that your ordination was postponed for the fact that you are a nasty cuntish snob towards anyone who disagrees with your liturgical predilections.

      I was stating that there are other members of the Ordinariate that are indeed engaged in particular friendships, and that the Ordinary knows this.(and either approves or looks the other way)

      Delete
  4. The cunt's blog is a good read... We all need negative examples. These odious ordinarios ain't priests by a long shot.

    ReplyDelete