Tuesday, October 22, 2013

LIKE RABID DOGS THEY TURN ON THE POPE

Springfield Latin Mass Society Attends Papal Audience


It didn't take all the long.  Just about a year.  The honeymoon is over, Pope Francis.  Just read the so called Traditionalist Catholic blogs.

There are just some things I can't lampoon.  They are just so sad, weird, angry, mean, bitter, foolish.  You
choose.

Are people "forcing" you to pray spontaneously?  Fr Z has the answer.  Stick it to 'em! Those rat bastard Charismatics!  "Turn the tables on 'em"  Those are the EXACT words of Father John T. Zuhlsdorf.  His understanding of Catholicism is so small minded and limited, when anyone (Like Pope Francis?) disagrees with him he lashes out. 

When in a situation where someone asks (or even forces) you to make a spontaneous prayer, keep faithful to your own faith practices.
"Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner." 
"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."
"Praised be Jesus Christ now and forever!"

And many many more!  Pray with joy! If by chance someone says something,  reply in charity.  "I understand that you enjoy spontaneous prayers of praise (or supplication, etc) but I feel more comfortable using more formal (traditional) prayers in public.  I reserve my spontaneous prayers for my private prayers."

There are some people that find their spiritual lives nourished by charismatic forms of prayer and praise.  It was the Charismatic Renewal that gave Mother Angelica her start. The Charismatic Renewal gave rebirth to the Franciscan University of Stubenville. Even Father Benedict Groeschel as part of the Charismatic Renewal speakers circuit for a time.   Personally, I prefer more traditional forms of private prayer. That is what nourishes my spiritual life.   I have a good priest friend that is very active in the charismatic movement that is (or was fifteen years ago) well known among renewal speakers and whose music has been featured regularly on EWTN.  This type of spirituality feeds his soul, helps him live his faith.  I believe the Church has room for a variety of expressions.


Here's another rabid dog priest. This one blaming the women for being attacked by sexual predators.  Follow the link to the next link.

Even Pope Francis is warning about IDEOLOGY being confused for The Faith.



 The full story is here.

The moral is this.  We ALL have tendencies toward extremism. Right, Left, it does not matter. Extremism in any form is not healthy.  The Church is big enough to include all expressions that do not violate the essentials of the fullness of the Faith. 

6 comments:

  1. Readerette here. Fr Z reminds us today that it's the feast of Sts Nunilo and Alodia. Have you ever taken on his anti-Islam hatemongering?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear from you again!
    That's a particular beast I don't want to wrestle with. There are too many extremists on both sides of the issue. Not a headache I want to bring down upon myself.
    However, I would love to have a guest post from a talented writerette. {]=o)>

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to give that challenge some thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That priest pointing his finger looks like Benedict Joseph Groeschel, C.F.R

    ReplyDelete
  5. Readerette here. I mulled this over, not just his anti-Islam rhetoric but all of the intemperate words he has for people who think differently from the [ultra-con] Catholic imagination. I think Zuhlsdorf's a textbook case of Privileged Distress. (http://weeklysift.com/2012/09/10/the-distress-of-the-privileged/) But I don't know how to make that funny for your blog, so I think I need to decline the offer for a guest post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear reader. Sometimes we stumble upon the harsh realities that we just cannot parody in good taste. Not that I claim to be anywhere even close to good taste. We all have the proverbial line we won't cross. Perhaps another time.

      Just Plain o'le D

      Delete