Monday, April 15, 2013

Curial Reform




Everyone of importance has already weighed in on the papal commission of advisers for the reform of the Roman Curia. Fr.Zzz
pretty much droned on as usual referring to the group as the G8.  He listed all the guys and of course had his pithy comments on each one of them.  If you're that interested, go have a peek. I concede that Zzzz has contacts in Rome, most likely curial flunkies that are in fear of losing their jobs, like he did at the PCED so long ago. I am sure he knows more than he is letting on.  He certainly knows more than I do.  Father D does have a couple of friends that are friends with some well connected people.  Number one, I don't abuse my friendships.  Number two, I am not friends with people who, when trusted with sensitive information, would violate that trust.  I thank God for these friends, because, I'm pretty much a loud mouth with no real filter when it comes to good clerical gossip concerning people I don't know. 

One of the best sources for insightful commentary, which most of you probably already know is Whispers in the Loggia.  I've been reading that blog for many years now.  Ninety-five percent accuracy on most predictions. His insightful commentary is thought provoking and his sources are amazing. 


The Brown Bag of Boston was appointed to the commission.  Most folks love him or hate him (or don't have a clue about him to form an opinion.)  He's not my favorite person.  But he does have a proven track record for cleaning up messes everywhere he has been assigned as bishopMaking tough decisions has not always made him popular with the local clergy, but I am told that the rank and file have come to respect and appreciate him in all four dioceses he has shepherded. 

If you look at the list it comprises mainly ruling diocesan bishops, curial outsiders mostly.  Drawn from all regions of the world, each is in a position to know directly the men in the curia, or know someone who does.  This places them in a unique position to advise the Holy Father.

The rest of us poor schmucks need to offer prayers for the Pope and for the commission that the are guided and strengthened by the Holy Spirit to clean up the mess inside the Church we (and they) love so very much.  (I am suggesting we ask the intercession Saint Jude, help of the hopeless, St. Joseph, Patron of the Universal Church and Our Lady of Perpetual Help.)

1 comment:

  1. I can't have a peek...I'm banned at Zzzz's place.
    I like the turn your blog is taking. It's helpful.

    ReplyDelete