Monday, April 15, 2013

CAPTION CONTEST: When Guido met Francis


Give it your best shot. Try to be kind as well as humorous.  Remember, I allow anonymous comments.  I do not delete comments even  when they are critical of me.  I do require that you be respectful, even if you passionately disagree.  The only time I will delete a comment is when one uses too much vulgarity, if one threatens another poster or commenter, of if one is blatantly disrespectful towards another poster, anonymous or not. 


I think this picture calls for a caption contest.  Pope Francis has challenged Monsignor Marini's  liturgical predilections and preferences I am certain.  From that moment in the Room of Tears when the newly elected Pope told the ever doting Monsignor  Marini, "Carnival is over."


 "Guido, Guido. Calm down. Look at me. Look at me. I'm not mad at you, okay? But please. You really have to pull your head out and stop reading that Father Z, okay? It's a total waste of time. Do it for Papa. Please, Guido.".

I have seen both written and oral presentations by Monsignor Guido Marini.  His style and historical perspective is very different from that of his predecessor Archbishop Piero Marini. Personally, my preferences are somewhere in between the two.  But, who am I?   I'm just a blogger that should be sleeping at this hour of the morning after a full cycle of Sunday liturgical services, especially with Monday being a usual "day off" of sorts.  Let's call it Casual Monday.

Have at it folks....

3 comments:

  1. See Guido, I tolda you if you lighten upa bit, you gonna do okay. You no needa be fired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guido, Guido. Calm down. Look at me. Look at me. I'm not mad at you, okay? But please. You really have to pull your head out and stop reading that Father Z, okay? It's a total waste of time. Do it for Papa. Please, Guido.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guido, you have the longest thumbs of any man I've ever seen on God's earth.

    It's a photoshop job, Holy Father.

    [An Buadhach Mór]

    ReplyDelete