Monday, December 3, 2012

A Clue




Here's a clue, since you obviously do not have one.

If you want to be mollycoddled click your way on over to Father Zzz's blog, click the DONATE button, the register as a user so the control freak knows who you are and where you live, THEN agree with everything he writes, gush over his cooking segments, swoon over his smugness and your world will be a-okay for you.  

If you want a does of real ecclesiastical life, stick with me.  I'll tell you how it is.  Been there. Done that. Got the tee shirt, working on the hat.  I've worked in a parish, SURVIVED the chancery, lived in a monastery, and way back when worked and scratched my way through seminary. 

Cynical? Bitter? Angry?  Yes. No. No.
Love the Church and the priesthood.

Like to laugh?  This is the place for you.  MAYBE, just maybe,  between the lines of sarcasm, and irreverent wit, you just might be able to glean a hint of wisdom and a smidgen of sanctity.  Don't count on it, but look for it.  We might both be surprised!

If you are a home schooling mom or a hardworking husband with a devoted wife, a half dozen children and another on the way, this is not the blog for you.  Totter on over the NFP website and print out their online guide. 

For those of you that like what you see here, check back every three days or so. Unlike Father Zzzzzzz, Father D has an actual assignment with the accompanying responsibilities.  As much as I would love to sit at home all day and blog every thought, tittle and butt scratch, I can't.  If you know a priest that updates his blog more than  twice (or thrice) daily, he has way too much time on his hands. Write to his bishop so he can be given a supplemental apostolate.

8 comments:

  1. Fr. Z aside, it would be a lot easier to take you--seriously or not--if you weren't hiding your identity with a caricature of another person. Where are you assigned? What is your diocese? Are you a priest in good standing? It would be interesting to know. I think that I, for one, would be willing to not leave my first comment here anonymously if you, as the author, were not pseudonymous in your writing. Anyone can claim to be a priest. Why should anyone believe that you are anything but someone trying to mock someone who actually is priest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous,

    I'm almost positive that any PRIEST with half a brain-cell could tell you that this blog is most definitely written by another priest. Just sayin' I would advise: "Don't fight it, just sit back and enjoy the ride."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous #1. DILLIGAF? If I wanted to be taken seriously I certainly would have a better format than this blog. Absolutely NOTHING on this blog should be taken seriously. It's sole purpose is for satire and humor. If you find something objectionable, move on. Don't visit again.

    Anonymous #2. "Don't fight it, just sit back and enjoy the ride" was what my first ordinary said to me on my first day at the chancery. Once I learned to stop clenching it wasn't so bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fr. D,

      I'm not suprised! It sounds like something that would be said "Downtown at the Office"!
      "I sharpened all the pencils so pointedly that now I have an office at the chancery!"
      At least we're "enjoying the ride" with this blog. Keep us laughing! I've learned it's either laugh or cry.

      Delete
  4. Call it whatever you like, but it is still calumny. Even if Fr. Z may have it coming, it's calumny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the upper right hand corner of your computer screen there is a little box with an X inside of it. Point and click. Then, don't come back. Problem solved. Buh bye.

      Delete
  5. You're in the diocese of Green Bay, WI, aren't you, "Father"?

    ReplyDelete