Saturday, November 24, 2012

How And Why I Blog...

I am often asked, Father why do you blog?  How do you do it? 
Well, folks, to be totally honest, most days this blog practically writes itself.  Other days my mind is so constipated, pushing out a coherent thought is almost an impossibility.  It is on these days that I am most grateful to my loyal readers for the ample material they supply me with.  Some days I am just too busy cooking gourmet  meals for myself and updating my Amazon Wishlist that I don't give you a second thought.  Then, I remember that were it not for the ample milk of wisdom that I lactate most of you would intellectually starve to death with out my slavishly accurate commentary.

Sometimes its a simple matter of just looking around.....


  Father's SWAG-- and a gaggle of young children!  Wonderful! I can almost hear the face palm slaps echoing through the halls of the chancery offices of Velletri-Segni.

 
Did not Dallas teach us anything?  Obviously not. 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Father, for recommending Dallas on this very day that JR died . . . I mean, really died, without anybody shooting him. We can all learn much from watching Dallas. Third Rock From the Sun, that was good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does this have to do with Dallas (presumably, you mean the Dallas Charter)? Why should there be any problem with children next to an image that says, "God bless our priests"? You might as well say that they couldn't be next to a sticker that says, "God bless our teachers", since there are cases where teachers abuse children. Perhaps there is something that I am missing here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, come now! Next thing you know our dear Fr. Juan D. will get called to his chancery! (Good thing their parents and/or teachers weren't there to twist the story!) Let's just hope he didn't speak to any of them, or worse, pat anyone on the head or shake anyone's hand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon #2 said "What does this have to do with Dallas (presumably, you mean the Dallas Charter)? Why should there be any problem with children next to an image that says, "God bless our priests"?..... Perhaps there is something that I am missing here. "

    Yes. You are missing something. Humor. Dark humor. It's a rare acquired gem.

    Let those who have eyes to see, and ears to hear understand the joke.


    I'm betting you are a lay person. Mostly likely a woman based on your writing style. Perhaps you should have your husband do the commenting on religious blogs while you tend to cooking, cleaning and bringing more Catholic children into this world.

    ReplyDelete